Friday, April 22, 2011

Instant Gratification (not)

Redenta's Organic Gardening Tips

salvia_argenteaIn the gardening world (as well as others), we have come to think in terms of instant gratification. We want that big, beautiful plant and we want it now! But just as in life, that is not always how it works in the plant world. Early last spring I planted a puny 4-inch plant called Salvia argentea. All last year it remained about the same size, doing absolutely nothing to impress me (in full disclosure, I have planted this plant before, and knew what to expect!)). Towards the end of the growing season the foliage did get bigger.

Early this spring, a growing spurt took place. The silver grey foliage rapidly got larger and larger. About two weeks ago, it started to bloom. I love the foliage and the bloom of this plant. I have waited over a year to enjoy it, but to me it has been worth every minute of the wait…

Sent with Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment