Sunday, January 23, 2011

21 January, 2011 - Are Your Pictures Out of Focus?

The Luminous Landscape

Because of manufacturing tolerances, most camera / lens combinations are out of focus at the sensor plane.  In a new article titled Are Your Pictures out of Focus, Mark Dubovoy explains the causes and possible solutions.

Mark's essay features a look at the latest version of Michael Tapes' LensAlign MKII.


I always pay attention to the phases of the moon. If landscape work is in the cards, the rising and setting of a full moon at sunset and sunrise can add an extra dimension to a shot.

Yesterday morning I knew there would be a full moon setting just before sunrise, but I didn't feel like heading out. At about 6am though, I glanced out the bedroom window, just to see what the day would be like.

The new photograph on the Home Page was taken a few minutes later from my roof.

  

 

 "Awesome video presentation.

  I have learnt so much more after looking through this on the weekend.  The tip about pushing blacks and fill light in the Basic Module was worth the price alone.  My images of a recent trip to the Australian Outback are popping and punching with delight!

  Thanks Michael and Jeff – I really appreciate you taking the considerable time to share your in-depth knowledge and insights."  

 

...
Sent with Reeder

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment