Saturday, May 5, 2012

What I’d Do Differently: James Garner

Car Reviews - 2010 Car Reviews at CARandDRIVER.com - Car Buying ...

What I'd Do Differently: James Garner

C/D: Were cars a big part of growing up in Oklahoma?

JG: Cars were a luxury and a necessity when I started driving, at the age of 10. They were a luxury because we were poor. They were a necessity because we loved them. By the time I was 13 or 14, I was playing “Ditch ’Em.” We’d line up six or eight cars, and the first one would take off and try to lose the rest. Or if I was cruising around town and I saw another hotshot, I’d get behind him and tap his bumper, and the race would be on. It was during World War II, and gas was rationed, so we had to steal it. We’d go up to a car in the middle of the night and siphon off a few gallons. We had fun, and nobody got hurt because we were all good drivers. Or so we thought. Maybe we were just lucky. (more…)

Sent with Reeder

No comments:

Post a Comment